The agility ladder is great tool for developing coordinated footwork, agility and quickness.
While there are countless numbers of footwork patterns that may be executed, below you will find 23 examples.
Some of the drills I am sure that you are already doing, but hopefully there are a couple of news ones you can add to your collection.
The clip would also be useful to help teach new athletes the various drills.
There is some slow motion for some of the more difficult ones to explain (Icky Shuffle).
The YouTube video below has closed captioning at the bottom giving you the name of each excercise.
The audio is just music. Please make sure that you have access to the site (Some schools block access to YouTube)
Here are the 23 drills listed by name and in the order they are demonstrated
1. Forward Sprint (one foot in each)
2. Lateral High Knees
3. Icky Shuffle
4. Backward Icky Shuffle
5. Lateral In and Out
6. Forward In and Out
7. Backward In and Out
8. Lateral Scissor Hops
9. Lateral Scissor Feet with Knee Drive
10. Cross Behind
11. Scissor Feet Transfer
12. Scissor Feet Transfer with Med Ball Slam
14. Single Leg Linear Hop
15. Slalom Jumps
16. Single Leg Lateral In and Out
17. Icky Shuffle Hurdle Hops
18. Lateral Jump Lunge
19. Icky Shuffle with Lateral Cones
20. Linebacker Feet with Lateral Hop
21. Diagonal Quick Slalom
22. Band Resisted Icky Shuffle
23. Band Resisted Lateral High Knees